Haven't been doing much serious blogging (other than my class blog) and somehow feels that I have not given myself some alone-time. Well to sum things a bit before I begin, life has been very very tense (as shown by Copper on the left). Work is burying me up till my neck. P6 year is really sh*t. I'm just as stressed up as my kids. Worksheets are coming in like an avalanche. Non-teaching projects are filling up my 'free slots' and every colleague is feeling the heat. Every now and then I can hear a sudden cry,"Why are there so many things to do?!" "There is too many things going on at the same time!" " I can't see my tabletop as they are swarmed with tonnes of paper and workbooks!"... the list goes on. For me, I was down on MC for a total of 3 days in this first 3 months of 2008 (as compared to twice for the whole year of 2007). My health is draining too. Seriously at this rate, my life expectancy will sure drop if I stay further in this place. Luckily for me, the determination and perseverance shown by my kids are keeping me going.

Marvel is 1 year old and Copper 1 year and 3 months old. Time sure flies and they have been with us for 3 months. Marvel has grown quite a bit but poor Copper is still so slim as he is still 'watching his diet -_-". Marvel's fetish for chasing plastic bags have gone up a higher level while Copper is getting more and more needy and jealous whenever Marvel gets our attention.
The past week has been more happening. I haven't been to the movies for quite sometime but on Wednesday, my wife's birthday gave me an excuse to free myself from a night of marking to catch Be kind Rewind. Let's be honest, this show isn't really that funny. Much of it was rather lame and draggy. I think I was like them on the right.Last night, my wife and I went to check out Suki Sushi at Punggol Plaza, where sushi is going at 99c! Food is great, sashimi ($5.99) is thick and fresh while their plate of 4 big soft shell crabs ($5.90) is the most generous servings I've ever seen! Double thumbs up!! :9
Just hours ago, I went with my bro to the Padang to catch Mika Hakkinen live in action behind the wheels of the MP4-22 of Mclaren F1 car. This is my first encounter with a live F1 machine and the engine's roar is deafening. I really can't imagine what will happen on the 28th Sep when all 22 F1 cars are roaring on the streets of Singapore! :o Here's a close up pic (he was just 1.5 m away from me) of Mika Hakkinen - Former F1 World Champion! The original Iceman!
Okay, time for me to hit the sack. Need enough sleep to face another crazy week. Hope to post another one soon.
Wish me luck and good health! :p
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment