It was supposed to be a romantic wedding anniversary night-out with my wife up on the SG Flyer. Never mind the $29.50 ticket charge per pax. Never mind the hard-to-reach location at downtown Raffles Avenue where construction seemed to be going on forever.

Alas! It was a 30-minute session of incessant screaming kids, loud China-men and chatty Indonesian Chinese several hundred metres up in the air.
I guess the above description may have given you an idea of what we had gone through. Even though there were just about 16 people on board, it felt like a wet market. I just think that there should be some regulations or warning signs especially on screaming kids / toddlers. The best part was I got so fed up at one point that I gave a loud 'SHUUSSH' at a kid. Although he did not stop, the father immediately distanced himself from his kid, giving me the "don't know whose kid is this" kind of look. My goodness!
At the end of the trip, the visitors were then herded to a place to view the superimposed photos of themselves up on the flyer against a backdrop of the magnificent night sky of Singapore. If you decide to buy the $15 photo, you can only pay cash! And if you happen to exhaust the last $15 in your wallet on the photo and you would like to draw some cash from an ATM, please be informed that there is only one bloody pathetic ATM there, courtesy of ABN AMRO! Where the hell are DBS, POSB, UOB and OCBC? ABN AMRO? Good grief...
Despite all these complaints from me, I guess I cannot put too much hope on the management to do anything about them since the objective of this new national icon seem to be to rip off tourists once-off and not expecting any return visits.
Sad to say from a Singaporean - no more SG Flyer for me. No, thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment