Sunday, November 02, 2008

Reminiscing...

Can't remember how it started but it was something like recalling the game soundtrack that had me digging out my childhood video games.

My first video game console - the Nintendo Aaronix. I think it cost $199 back in 1990 when I got it. Although most of the games were discarded, I managed to keep some classic ones.


It took me quite some time to get the console 'talking' to my LCD TV. Luckily all of them still work! :)



However, I wasn't that lucky with my Sega Megadrive console ($189 back in 1991). Out of 10 cartridges, 4 couldn't work.













These stuffs have cost a lot back then. I can still remember the days when I had to beg my dad to bring me to the shop so that I could get some new titles. For the Nintendo cartridges, a copy version can cost up to $50 per title whilst the Sega ones ranged from $19 (copy) to $90 (original). Hey, those were big monies back then! Poor dad then. :"(

No comments:

Post a Comment