Work in 2009 is getting crappy. Work life at my school seems to be going down together with the recession. It really is getting crappy. More and more admin and useless programmes. Less and less happy staff. More and more top-down directives. Less and less happy co-workers. More and more resentful colleagues. Less and less happy pupils too. All in the name of School Excellence Model. The ISO9002 version in MOE. WTF!
We don't have time to do marking. We don't have time to plan our lessons properly. They don't expect us to have work-life balance. Staff morale suffers (again) and in the end who is the innocent victim of them all? The pupils. WTF!
I'm not able to do quality teaching anymore. All of us are too mentally drained. All of us, forced to stay back in school up to 530pm daily. Even if you have nothing on, the management makes sure there is something for everyone to do, even if it means staying at your desk and wait for the time to pass. Everyone is very unhappy. I really don't know what the middle management is doing. WTF!
I really can't take it anymore. This is the most ridiculous organisation I've ever been. Trust me, MINDEF is not the most cock up Ministry.
So what can I do if i quit? Any realistic suggestions? :(
Sigh....
No comments:
Post a Comment