Wednesday, May 06, 2009

It's a BOY!

Introducing... my BOY!!! :D

Yes, I'm gonna be a daddy. I've managed to keep it under wraps for a couple of months until things have 'stabilised'. As of today, he is about 24 weeks old. :)

From his side profile, I think he looks more like my wife during her childhood days. :)

I was actually hoping for a girl since I have always wanted to have a baby sister to look after and in my family, the Y chromosome seem to be the dominant gene. Thus I wasn't too surprised when the gynae said it is a boy. Well, a boy is good too. I finally can have the excuse of buying those cool boy-toys to play (in the name of buying for my boy, heheh.)

It is an expensive affair in becoming a parent. From gynae check ups, purchase of baby cots, prams, strollers, toddler gates, milk bottles, steriliser, warmers, breast pumps, etc. I've already chalked up about $3.5K! Definitely more expenditures to come. Any sponsors or investors in my Baby Fund? ;)

We have not firmed up on the name yet though my dad has kindly donated a list of special characters (with special meanings) for us to choose from. Everything still seems fuzzy to me right now as it is the exam period and the EDD is 4 months away. Not too far but not too near also.

That's it for now. More updates after the exams. :)

2 comments: