I am a Lance Corporal. And I just want to ultimately, be a Corporal. I have no intention to be a Captain. But the Principal Staff Officers insisted (coerced, maybe?), during the recent countless individual pep talks, that I be sent to SISPEC first and then OCS. And they don't hear my plea.
It doesn't help that one of the Captains has officially designated me as the PC-Lieutenant.
Am I too slack and aspiration-less? Am I not counting my blessings? Should I try to survive all these and officially slack once I become a Lieutenant or Captain?
It doesn't help that the other bunch of Captains are not easy people to work with.
I feel that the Captains are the ones causing all the unhappiness among the NCOs. The CO isn't simple too but probably its because the Captains are not passing the correct messages? I cannot imagine myself to be in league (or cahoots?) with them.
It doesn't help that I'm the type who goes by the book, and only to feel bad about it after it's over.
Just how many good men and women do they want to drive out of service? Isn't enough people sacrificed?
And it doesn't help that the CO and Division Commanders are too blinded with the 'bigger picture'.
No comments:
Post a Comment