Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dear Citycab...


Hi,

The purpose of this email is to report on an errant driver from City Cab - License plate No. SHC 7262 D. Details are as follow:

Date: 15th March 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 8.08pm
Place: Northbound CTE, approaching the PIE (Changi Airport) exit.
Incident: Reckless driving without giving way at high speed

I was driving along CTE, northbound from town. My car was travelling at about 80km/h, on the 3rd lane. As I needed to make an exit to PIE (Changi Airport) from CTE, I signalled my intention to filter towards the extreme left lane. At that moment, the above cab was about 7m behind me but at the extreme left lane. As I was making my way, filtering left, the cab did not give way and in fact accelerated so as to prevent my car from filtering. About one third of my car was already in the lane but the cab accelerated even further (way beyond the speed limit of 80km/h, causing a near collision! Fortunately, I managed to swerve back to the right. However, he was blocked by another Comfort cab and ended up tailgating dangerously close to that cab.

Such reckless driving is absolutely unacceptable. Moreover, there was a passenger on the cab. Besides speeding on the highway, he did not give way to cars that were filtering (there was a gap of 7 metres) and had almost caused a collision. What if there was a car filtering on my right towards me? In my bid to avoid colliding with this cab, I could have collided with another car! In addition, he was tailgating another vehicle (cab) for about a good 15m on the highway.

This matter does not reflect well on City Cab. I hope that that disciplinary actions would be meted out to this errant driver by the relevant authorities in City Cab.

Looking forward to your reply soon.

Yours sincerely

No comments:

Post a Comment