Friday, April 10, 2009

6 months on the road...

My car is coming to 6 months old. Time sure flies and its 2nd servicing is around the corner. Driving it has been great and luckily I did not get the Swift. Obviously the Jazz is more spacious and worth every buck as compared to the Swift.

Having a car does upgrade the quality of life - I can go anywhere I want, anytime. A seat is definitely guaranteed, I don't have to wait and I can listen to any music I want at any volume. My wife and I are definitely maximising it.

On the other hand, driving can be frustrating too. I'm not referring to the traffic jams but the ugly side of Singaporean drivers. Besides not signalling, I have witnessed a couple of times car chasing each other both on and off the highway. Big cars always tailgating the smaller ones. Drivers who do not switch on their headlights when driving. Cars whose HID lamps are always on high beam. Cars straddling between lanes. Never ending convoy of mega trucks on the TPE and KPE. Speedsters, young and old. (I'm quite tolerant of 'P' plates since all of us were 'P' plates before, but the other 'crimes' are simply too disgusting and childish.) Taxi drivers. Last but not least, f****e drivers (not expletive) - they really need to make up their minds fast, especially if they're on the 1st lane.

There are really too many snobbish, childish and lazy drivers on the road. Singapore roads are really not that safe. Almost everyday, speedsters are everywhere but where are the boys in white? In 6 months, I barely see them for not more than 5 occasions. And where are the cameras in the KPE? Why's everybody going above 70km/h if the camera risk is really there?
Anyway, I guess the biggest bane on the roads are the taxis. A good 4 out of 5 are really f*****s (this is an expletive). Just how many road accidents are related to taxis (and subarus)? As you might have read in my earlier posts, I have a personal history with one of them.

Hey, I'm not being biased. My vehicle commander (aka my wife) is just as frustrated with all these unruly behaviours on the roads. So if you're a driver on the road, better know how to behave when you see the white Decepticon approaching. >_<

1 comment:

  1. What! What did you say about female drivers??!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete