I still cannot believe that he is gone.
My first reaction was it must be a hoax cos' he was in the midst of preparing his 50-concert gig and he promised a huge surprise for his fans. Thus I was (and still am) expecting him to show up in his concert.

Why do I choose this pic? I guess I was probably most impressed with his slick moves in Moonwalker (I haven't seen the movie yet but had played the Sega game of the same name). In the video game, he can kill opponents by dancing to the beats of his hits like Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, Beat It and Just Another Part of Me. Cool! :~)I got acquainted with MJ since my primary school days when my bro would often play his songs on his mini-compo. Back then, I only knew Beat it and Bad. It was the game that introduced me more to MJ.
So how (appearance wise) do you want to remember MJ? Well, this is how he'll look like in my memory.
So why do I still find it hard to believe that he's gone? Is it because he is so faraway (geographically)?
My wife says that it is because he is such a 'legend'. Indeed. To me as young as 7 years old, he is pop music. He is the creator of pop. Modern English Pop Music would not have survived or fully developed without MJ. A part of modern english music has died. Someone whom nobody can replace.
Somehow MJ is also part of my childhood... I mean he is. And now that chapter of my childhood has ended.
Goodbye Michael Jackson. You will not be forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment