I was already in 'depression mode' last night, knowing that the long weekend was coming to an end. And yes, my engines couldn't start this morning too. For the whole day, I was just waiting for time to pass by quickly and by 4.20pm I was already home (much early).The class too, was still in the holiday mood. Everything seems like a joke to them. The main purpose of coming to school is to play with friends, 'entertain' the teachers a little and wah-la, its time to go home. Day by day, I see these 'jokers' coming to school, constantly smiling or laughing as if somebody had farted 'laughing gas' that seemed to have permanently entrenched in the classroom.
Pep-talks doesn't seem to work on them. They're still in 'Primary 4 mode'. Naive 10-year olds.
SBC - Simply Bo-Chup!
Had chanced upon a pupil's file and noticed that he has not been filing his work. His handwriting is still in a mess. SBC!Perhaps I should be a SBC too, like my colleague. He's still a happy SBC after staying for almost 8 years in this line.
They are wearing down my patience and everyday seems like a losing battle. I've been doing some critical self-reflection of my administration of the class. Definitely plenty of room for improvements but curriculum time is always not enough.
Sigh... *grumble grumble*
No comments:
Post a Comment