Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Last Stretch

This coming week is the SA2 final exams. Most of my boys are still in the mood for arcade than revision. Those panicky 'gan-cheong spiders' continue to bombard my mailbox as well as 'hijacking' me in school. The rest? Probably still napping their time away, or polishing their black shoes for reporting to EM3 classes next year. Sigh...
I made a rough count, there should be about 5 pupils who may qualify for EM3, that is to fail all subjects. Even for Mother Tongue! Usually Mother Tongue is the 'saviour' for these pupils. However, the standards seem to be dropping every year and the number of EM3 classes are growing in my school.

Well I may not be the best teacher for them but definitely I can push them past the passing mark. I always tell them it is a matter or choice. They are no different from the pupils in the top 2 classes except that those pupils at the top bother to listen, try and check their work. They do not give up easily and that's all. It really is a matter of choice.

Whatever. I've done what I can. 5 Excellence, may the 'Force' be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment