Altogether, I have been sick 7 times this year, including 4 incidences of nose-bleeding. My health has really been taking a beating this year. It is always the same package 'set meal':
- Appetizer - flu and running nose
- Main course - sore throat and dry coughs
- Dessert - fever
After being persuaded by my In-laws and my principal, I finally got the time to visit an ENT specialist at Parklane Shopping Centre. I was seen by an old chubby looking doctor who was wearing a torch attached to a head gear.

After some 'get to know you and your problems' session, he stuck an 'L-shaped piece of metal plate onto my tongue and inserted a 'dentist's hand held mirror' down my outer throat. All this being done WITHOUT WARNING! First I got a shock, next I felt like puking and then I panicked as my breathing seemed to be impaired by that thing in my throat. All he did was to turn on his little motor-powered torch on his forehead and asked me to relax and breathe through my mouth as he inspected my throat.
Next he told me that he suspected it to be sinusitis. At that moment, his auntie-assistant suddenly flashed out a cross-sectional chart of a human being, pointing to me where the sinus area was. I find her reaction amusing but back then I was still trying to recover from the earlier trauma.
The doctor told me that I was currently having an infection too and thus prescribed some medication for me, referred me to do a blood test (at Peace Centre) followed by an x-ray of my face (at Orchard Paragon). Since it was my only free weekday afternoon then, I went ahead to complete all those tasks.
In the end, my bill came up to be like this:-
- Consultation and Medication: $115
- Blood Test: $16.05
- X-ray: $79.20
I'm supposed to go back for a review of the results next Tuesday afternoon. Wah lau... in one single day almost 200 bucks were gone just like that. I just hope I don't burn another big hole in my pocket. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment