If I'm a cyber-stalker and an expert psychiatrist, by reading a person's blog, I can access his thoughts, likes and dislikes, know his life, family, friends and work. Photographs and videos would be a bonus. That's how much a blog can reveal about the blogger.
If I'm a cyber-stalker and an expert psychiatrist, by reading a person's facebook or Twitter, I can access the same information and even better, his most recent updates and thoughts.
That is how dangerous and vulnerable modern web communication technologies are. So you think it is fun to bare all on cyberspace? Think again. Especially if you are job hunting. A few weeks ago, I chanced upon an article that relates how employers in the States are going into every possible channel such as facebook, to check on job hunters.
So do think again before your next update or post.
------
If I have twitter, probably any cyber-stalker is only going to see posts like "Marvel is up into my armpit again" or "Boy, I've just dug out a real big one from my left (nostril)"
No comments:
Post a Comment