- Road Traffic Accidents
- Cancer (colon, stomach, upper respiratory tract such as the nose and throat, prostate)
- Heart diseases
- Stroke
The above predictions are attributed to mainly my profession as well as the fact that I'm a driver in Singapore. Driving in Singapore seems to be getting crazier by the day. More and more incidences of aggressive and careless drivings have been observed while I'm behind the wheels. In addition, I haven't been exercising except for when the annual IPPT is coming. Most of the time, it is just lots of outside / junk food which somehow doesn't make me fat. God knows how clogged my arteries are or just how much cancerous cells are lying dormant.
As such, it made me even more conscious of my insurance coverage, especially when I'm the sole breadwinner with a wife and a toddler son in tag. I even drafted a "To-call" list for my wife so that when I go, she knows just who to call to either get help to settle matters pertaining to my R.O.D. (Run Out Date) or to get insurance money. Not sure if you heard about this - my insurance advisor actually told me if the next of kin do not notify the insurance company of the death, the premiums would just keep on be deducted!
I did not set up a will or beneficiary list since there is already an interstate succession act that would kick in and that I am not a billionaire whatsoever. So I guess that law is sufficient to cover my family and parents too. Saves me the paperwork and any lawyer fees.
So have you done up your "To-call" list in case of emergencies or touch wood - death?

No comments:
Post a Comment