But I cannot afford to! Why?
Yes, you may say that I ask for it. Coupled with almost 12 hours of work everyday and I'm still not throwing in the towel, I sure am looking for trouble. It didn't help that the doctor told me I may need an X-ray if things still don't turn well.
Call me responsible, but I just do not want to procrastinate work. Neither do I want to leave my kids in the "lurch" while I can still stand on my feet to teach.
I guess my main motivation is that I know my effort is being appreciated, not by my supervisor, but by my kids. I don't ask for more in this world but to be appreciated for the things I do. And after almost 7 months with them, getting countless gifts and cards, plus the many sessions of "talking cock", sharing "secrets" and several email correspondences with them, I know my effort is being appreciated.
That is why I go into teaching. And that is what that keeps me going. I thank them for believing in me too. Thank you class! ;)
P/S1
P/S2: On hindsight, I am not just doing harm to myself, but also to the kids and colleagues in school too. :o
No comments:
Post a Comment