Nothing beats a relaxing traditional barber cut Going for a haircut is one of my favourite mundane activity. Usually I would doze off to the relaxing massage of the scissors and comb on my head, and also trying my best to fight off any unwanted drooling from my relaxed mouth.
It has been over a year since I started patronising EC House (the 10 min haircut "boutique"). The reason: I am impatient at waiting and I could not stand the idea of having to wait for my traditional barber to go for a smoke break while my turn is finally up. Yes, that was what I had to tolerate from my neighbourhood barber then. Another big reason for patronising EC House is that I like their finishing move - the "suction", where the hairdresser will take out a vacuum suction to suck the hell out of my scalp so that I can step out of the shop feeling nice and clean.
However today, my usual EC house was crowded and a Malay barber shop at the next level is empty. Without much hesitation, I decided to give tradition another chance (though both charges $10 per haircut).
The experience was just as good as EC House. But the barber gave me the traditional razorblade shave, something which EC House doesn't do. Although it still freaks me out (as I feel the blade slicing through every inch of my exposed scalp), it still gives me the feeling that I have had a complete haircut. The whole thing ended with a sincere and friendly smile from the barber after receiving my 10 bucks. This is something which I feel that EC House lacks (well, they only get to receive the cold hard card rather than cold hard cash).
Nonetheless, I still miss the "suction".
No comments:
Post a Comment