The Nazis almost invented the A-Bomb before the Americans. What if they really had succeeded then? What if Hitler managed to drive out Rooservelt's G.I.s and annihilate Stalin's Red Armies using the A-Bomb?We all know the above did not take place. But I always ask myself this question whenever I watched a WWII movie and 'fantasize' about it. Finally my fantasy became a 'reality' on TV when I caught the '90s movie "Fatherland" on cable last month. Yes, Hitler managed to defeat the allies and the whole of Europe was unified as one single nation - Germania. An interesting movie that shows us the 'what ifs' of history, just for the sake of satisfying eccentric fantasies.
What if Cixi was not chosen as Empress back then during the Qing Dynasty of Emperor Xianfeng? Will Emperor Guangxu be able to modernise China and perhaps till today, have a modern constitutional monarchy in China? What if...
These two words opens up the realms of imagination and creativity of mankind - usually the authors and film-makers. I guess these imaginations or fantasies are the motivators in sustaining any passion. Life can be too boring if we don't allow our minds to wander off at times, taking a holiday away from 'reality'.
So when's the last time you have let your mind run wild like a raging Bronco?
Sorry, think I'm crapping away in this blog. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment