Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sorry, it's not 10.30pm yet!

It has been possibly a year that there is always this group of Indian teens loitering around the void decks of my parents' place. They would hang around the stone benches, either talking, laughing and playing loudly or playing football. As the neighbourhood is quite quiet and the buildings are built quite close together, the echoes from their din is thundering. Out of 5 times, 2 of which they would be busy with their nonsenses till way past midnight and even once, till almost 6a.m.

Last Friday afternoon, I was over at my parents' place in the afternoon and yes these boys were at it again. This time for an hour or so, occasionally belting out the national anthem loudly. I finally decided that this is enough and called the neighbourhood police post. Right after I've made a report, the police officer told me that according to their procedures, they will not dispatch any of their guys unless it is after 10.30pm or there are multiple complaint calls. He even assured me that they know who these guys are and they already noted the case. I was dumbfounded. Even I told him that this is not the first time and that they were even singing the national anthem, he told me that they ccould not do anything. DUH!?!

Maybe it is because the area belongs to the opposition ward and thus this is the level of assistance they can render us. Goodness! This is not new and they can't do anything about it! So can I infer that before 10.30pm, almost all of their police officers are drinking coffee or tea at their offices?

No comments:

Post a Comment