My 1st "baby" was borned exactly 4 hours ago. Yes, I'm referring to my school's revamped website. Satisfaction? Yes. Jubilation? Not really... because here comes another one... our very own Intranet.
I know I should be thankful because my supervisor is giving me the opportunities to grow and perform. After the 2-hour long talk by him to my fellow webmaster and myself, we are feeling a little bit overwhelmed. He told us about his vision of creating the Intranet to solve all (if not, most) our school's system in managing information. He has a grand vision which he said he may not be able to see it though as he is near retirement. His vision is inspiring and definitely will allow the executioner to shine and rise, creating an impact both in and outside the organisation. His intentions are good as he wanted us to shine beyond our teaching duties.
The irony is, he recognised the fact that we are afterall teahers and should not be "distracted" by these non-core activities. However when it comes to appraisal, he said it is these "non-cores" that enable us to climb in the teaching profession. Hmm... so I still can't be a full-time teacher beacuse I will definitely be booted out of the system if I do not "diversify", or stay ahead. Sounds like our Government's mantra?
This 2nd baby will be a big project, and he suggested us to carry it out in phases. I only hope that I can juggle things, especially when I'll be taking on full teaching load next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment