6 cases within 2 months. Youngest victim aged 16, oldest victim aged 41, and there's no gender-biasness.
About 300 people aged between 18 and 60 die suddenly each year, according to a survey conducted by National Heart Centre. It is not known how many had died in their sleep and the scary part is, the recent victims are healthy individuals.
About 300 people aged between 18 and 60 die suddenly each year, according to a survey conducted by National Heart Centre. It is not known how many had died in their sleep and the scary part is, the recent victims are healthy individuals.
It's really mind-baffling. Even modern medicinal science is not able to point out the culprit. It's like some unknown virus that attacks only the fit and strongest living body it can find, and during bedtime when our "defences are down".
I run at least once a week to keep fit as well as to maintain my stamina for my annual IPPT. However these incidents make me question the positive benefits of keeping fit. Every step I take in my run seems to be deducting from a quota of heartbeats which every individual is entitled to in his/her lifetime. Once the quota is met, it's farewell. Creepy thought I must say.
Nevertheless, I still enjoy and will continue running.
No comments:
Post a Comment