
A sketch of ME!
My 'fans'! :p
This year, I finally succeeded in cutting down the number of (sad to say, sometimes useless) gifts. Had instructed my classes way in advance that I do not want them to spend monies on buying gifts for me. Perhaps they are Sixers and thus are more sensible?
Not forgetting my ex-pupils who had graduated last year. Almost the whole class returned to visit me. Really touching. :")
Apparently during my absence, there was a school Teacher Idol contest whereby the whole school gets to vote for who they think are the Most Approachable, Creative and Fittest Teacher. The results would be announced during the Teacher's Day Dinner. The outcome?!?
Heheh, I didn't expect it to be lucky moi! :D I garnered the Most Approachable and Fittest Teacher Awards, beating other young and prettier colleagues as well as our macho HOD PE. The office clerk told me that I had won hands-down, with votes coming in big plastic bags. Surprisingly, the votes come not just from my class but from other classes as well!
Fittest? Maybe cos' I'm always dressed in dry-fit polo and track pants and climb stairs in double steps. Approachable? I thought I'm always frowning and roaring at pupils (especially those outside my class). Anyway, it was indeed a pleasant surprise. :)
Oh as for my prize - I got "laid" by the Principal twice (with 2 garlands of Orchids) plus two $10 Popular vouchers.
Copper and Marvel checking them out!
Teacher's Day 2008 - definitely a memorable one. Thank you children! :)




Yo! "Aunty Jo", happy teacher's day!!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS on ur awards... hahaha... altho I think ur fan drawings are prob more valuable than the $20 popular vouchers...
Anyways, isn't teachers' day today?
Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteYes it is. But we celebrated it on last Fri cos this week is school hols! :P